House of Knights

House of Knights

Stefan L.
Riddarhuset, as this building is called in Swedish, was under construction during 1641 and 1674. The French-born architect Simon De la Vallée started the planning of the building, whom became replaced by Heinrich Wilhelm and later on Justus Vingboons. In 1870 Riddarhuset got two seperated wings designed by Adolf W. Edelsvärd. The south end of the building carries the Latin inscription CLARIS MAIORUM EXEMPLIS, after the clear example of the forefathers, and holds a statue of Gustav II Adolph Vasa. The statue was sculptures by Pierre Hubert L'Archevêque in 1773. North of the building is a park in which is a statue of Axel Oxenstierna, designed by Johan Börjesson in 1890. Model made by Stefan Larsson, larstefan@gmail.com #Axel_Oxenstierna #gamla_stan #gustav_vasa #House_of_Knights #House_of_Nobility #old_town #riddarhuset #stockholm #sverige #sweden
Default Title