General Motors of Canada Ltd. Assembly Plant

General Motors of Canada Ltd. Assembly Plant

AvocetGeo
This 1928 was designed by the firm of Van Egmond & Storey and built by Smith Bros. & Wilson for General Motors of Canada Ltd. During the Second World War, the federal government acquired the plant for the production of munitions. Automobile production was not resumed after the war, and portions of the complex continued to be used for national defence purposes until the mid-1960s. This property has been on the Regina Heritage Holding Bylaw List since 1989. #ahskca #Reginas_Warehouse_District #warehousedistrictca
Default Title