Lutheran Church

Lutheran Church

JI
Designed by Jim and Robert Tebeau, brothers in 1909, the Holy Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church is a Gothic Revival styled one-and-a-half story brick building, with a rectangular plan, front oriented gable, and two bell towers on either side of the symmetrical center entrance. Both bell towers feature an open bell housing with pyramidal shaped roof having flared eaves and a cross at the apex. The North bell tower has a Memorial Room established with display case of church artifacts and Grace Lutheran Church artifacts when the two parishes merged in April, 1964. The South bell tower is set as a nursery for mothers. The front gable roof is metal while the rest of roof is pressed shingle. The foundation exterior walls, and chimney are brick while the portico is partial wood. Above the portico is the façade gable which has a Gothic wood vent repeating the vents in the two bell towers. The interior reflects the simplistic religious accommodations of a center aisle to the front of the church lined with wooden pews. The original church was added onto in the 1950’s with a large, two-story, brick, and addition off the rear with metal casement windows. In 1959, the Church Sanctuary and second floor of the Educational Building was completely remodeled, painted and floor furnaces installed. In 1967, remodeling of the Sunday school rooms was done and air-conditioning was installed in the Church and Educational Building. #Lutheran_ChurchFinal
Default Title