Corning Museum of Glass

Corning Museum of Glass

3D Warehouse Staff
The First Corning Museum, designed by Wallace Harrison of Harrison & Abramowitz, was an elegant, glass walled building that opened in 1951. In 1978 architect Gunnar Birkerts completed a new addition, which included a series of galleries with a library at their core. The most recent addition of a new visitors center and a sculpture gallery was completed by the firm Smith-Miller + Hawkinson in 2001. Model by Mason Thrall. Photography provided by John van Otterloo of the Corning Museum of Glass. #AIA150 #Corning #demonstrations #glass #glass_blowing #history #learning #manufacturing #metal #museum #New_York #NY #reflections
Default Title