Who knows, whether a real school would have appeared in Proskuriv if not for the blood ties of the local landowner Boris Witte, who had an influential brother - the very empire Minister of Finance Serhii Witte. As soon as Boris sent a telegram to his brother, the things settled down! The decision to build the school was made in 1900, and within a year its funding began, so that on June 1, 1904, the institution was opened. The school was named Oleksiyivske in honor of the heir to the throne, Tsarevych (Prince) Oleksii, and at that time it provided a "real" secondary education with a technical inclination and had a 6-year course of study. At the best of times, the school accepted up to 300 students, including writer Mykola Trublaini and bandura (Ukrainian national musical instrument) player Kost Misevych.