At the beginning of the 17th century, the local landowners Zamoyskis relocated Polish peasants to the west of Ploskyriv. The settlers settled on the former buckwheat fields, so the settlement was named Hrechana (buckwheat in Ukrainian sounds like hrechka). For a long time the village had no peculiarities, until in 1913 the Podillia Railway Society built a locomotive depoe and railway workshops here. And life shined bright! In 1928, by the efforts of the Polish community in Hrechany the People's House (or Dom Lydowy) was built. Each host paid 5 rubles for the construction of the house - at that time a cow could bought for them! There was a school and an illiteracy elimination center in the People's House, where about 450 people studied. The house's educational activities were suspended in 1936 due to the Stalin`s repressions.