The bell tower was completed in 1995 and was a gift from the class of 1948. The tower stands 160 feet tall and has a clock on each of the four faces. This is similar to a bell tower that was part of the old Heavilon Hall, but was demolished with the building in 1956. The bells from the original tower hang at the top of the tower, but a computerized carillon now marks every half hour and also plays Purdue's fight songs and the alma mater at Noon, 5 PM, and 9 PM. There is also a time capsule located at the base of the tower that is to be opened in 2095.