Bilston Technical School 1897

Bilston Technical School 1897

Martin Feledziak
Description
Finely detailed brick and terracotta, former Technical School built in 1897 to celebrate Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee. In more recent years, part of Bilston Community College. Now in February 2010 Yet another sad ruin. Comment: A very richly decorated building - even the side elevations have terracotta panels. The building also forms part of a very interesting row with the old Electricity and Tramway buildings alongside. The architect was C. L. N. Wilson, the Engineer to Bilston Urban District Council. #Bilston #Midlands #ruin #sankey #school #technical #West #Wolverhampton
Default Title