A school district was organized formally at the village of Carroll, in the Rural Municipality of Oakland, in October 1895 and a school building was constructed the following summer, at a cost of $660. Located in what later became Carroll Park, in April 1914 the district was consolidated with Paisley School No. 321, which had operated since 1885. In 1915, a new two-storey brick school was constructed by Souris contractor Daniel Kitchen on a design by Winnipeg architect Eldred D. Tuttle. It opened in January 1916. Four years later, the basement was renovated for use in a newly opened High School.
In September 1961, senior students were bused to Souris. Over the next few years, nearby rural schools closed and their students came here: Hayfield School No. 200 and Riverbank School No. 384. In 1968, Carroll School joined the Souris Valley School Division and remained opened for students in grades 1 to 6, under the supervision of two teachers, with students from grades 7 and 8 being bused to Souris School. It closed completely on 27 June 1969. The school building still stands on its former site and was renovated into a private residence.
#caroll_school #ecole #school #schule #école