The Church of the Protection of Our Lady

The Church of the Protection of Our Lady

O. M.
The Church of the Protection of Our Lady was built in 1764; a number of historians believe that the church was constructed according to the project by German architect Schilzer. He was the author of Christ Uplifting Church for the Basilian Monastery and the new palace of M. Potocki in the southwestern part of the city. Despite that, the majority of art scholars connect its construction with the well-known architect Bernard Meretyn. The Church of the Protection of Our Lady was the last creation of B. Meretyn and the sculptor J. G. Pinzel in Buchach. In 1865 the church burned down but was renovated and operated until 1956. In 1990 the Church of the Protection of Our Lady was passed on to the Greek Catholic community. #Buchach #Church #Бучач
Default Title