Fergerson Family Home

Fergerson Family Home

Fergertron
This North Syracuse 100 year old landmark building was built over 2 years being completed in 1908. It was a wedding gift to Alfred C. Fergerson from his father Charles Fergerson. It was the first house in the village to be built with electrical wiring. It also had gas piping that was used for lights (in case electricity didn't catch on). The family was among the original settlers in the area and have held the land since 1826. It is currently the home of Alfred E. "Fred" Fergerson and his family. Part of the first floor is used by the family's funeral business and houses two casket selection rooms. Over the years everyone in the Fergerson family has lived there, during the depression it was used as a tourist home and also housed teachers from the school next door. From 1948 - 1956 it was used as the funeral home before the newer build was built on the adjacent property. There is a history of the building at the Family's web site (www.FergersonFuneralHome.com)... look under "Our History" on the home page #Central_New_York #Death #Embalming #Fergerson #Fergerson_Funeral_Home #Fergertron #Ferguson #Funeral_Home #Home #Landmark #North_Syracuse #Syracuse #Village
Default Title