Adolf Building (Wild Pear)

Adolf Building (Wild Pear)

Mike J.
In 1880, Samuel Adolph had a block of three brick stores built next door to the J.K. Gill Building, replacing the wood buildings destroyed by fire. Samuel immigrated to the U.S. from Germany in 1855. He arrived in Salem in 1867, began in the brewery business, served on the city council and built several business blocks downtown. The Adolph block has been home to barber shop, the Sam Adolph Saloon, cigar store, restaurant, jewelry store, sporting goods shop, and hops office, Kraps & Long Commercial Printers, Marshall-Wells Hardware & Sporting Goods. The western part of the building has been home to Cookes’ Stationary since 1935. The eastern part of the building (represented by this model) was a music store in the early 2000s. It was recently renovated and is home to The Wild Pear, one of the best restaurants in Salem. #downtown #historic #restaurant #Salem
Default Title