Mann, Crossman & Paulin’s Albion Brewery at 172 Whitechapel Road. The four stories high grade II listed building was constructed in the 1880s. Below the clock is the firm's logo of "Saint George Slaying the Dragon".
In 1808 the Albion Brewery was built near the old Mile End Turnpike by the landlord of the Blind Beggar, Richard Ivory. A small brewery already existed at the back of the Blind Beggar. Richard Ivory was able to raise sufficient capital to buy the brewery and build a new one calling it the "Albion Brewery"