Morse House

Morse House

Creating Hartford
The Morse House was built circa 1880 and is located on the west side of Bridge Street across the street from the now Municipal Building, then high school. The building has had a couple of renovations, but the main porch, which signifies this house from a certain time period, is from the original plans. Lydia and William Morse purchased the vacant lot in 1880 and the house most likely came shortly there after. This house appears in a 1889 drawing of the village. In 1892, the house was sold to Mary Allen. After the death of Mary Allen in 1897, her husband Samuel remarried and sold the house in 1898 to Frances M. Taylor; who owned the building until 1935. #house #junction #morse #river #vermont #vt #white #wrj
Default Title