Church of Saint Agnes

Church of Saint Agnes

Zach May
This beautiful church is baroque in style and was completed in 1912. The architect, George Ries, and the pastor, Father John Solnce, with the board of trustees chose as a model the abbey church of Kloster Schlägl, a Praemonstratensian monastery in Upper Austria near the town of Aigen in Mühlviertel. On June 9, 1912, in the presence of Archbishop Ireland, Bishop Trobec blessed and dedicated the church, and on February 14, 1988, during the centennial year of the parish, Bishop Robert J. Carlson, Auxiliary Bishop of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, consecrated the church following its redecoration. The church, which accommodates 1,500 persons, is listed on the national register of historic buildings. For more info follow this link: http://www.stagnes.net/visitors-guide.html #Baroque #Catholic #Church #Classical #Frogtown #George_Ries_architect #Historic #Minnesota #Monument #National_Landmark #Onion_domed_bell_tower #Saint_Agnes #Saint_Paul
Default Title