Hartford Historical Society

Hartford Historical Society

Creating Hartford
This building was constructed by William Braley in 1915, after purchasing the house plot from Franklin Lawrence the same year. As a worker in the post office nearby, Braley lived in the house until 1924. He then sold it to Helen Meech and Carrie Mould. Later, in 1938 the house was sold to Stanley Garipay. Stanley and Loretta Garipay worked as local physicians out of their house for many years. In 1995, Loretta Garipay passed the property on to the Hartford Historical Society. Courtesy of National Register of Historic Places and the Hartford Historical Society. For more information please visit www.creatinghartfordvt.com #09 #braley #creating #garipay #hartford #historical #junction #river #society #vermont #village #white
Default Title