The Block House, Kinsmen Park, Prince Albert

The Block House, Kinsmen Park, Prince Albert

Jonathan S.
Description
This squared-log building was constructed by Archie Ballantyne in the 1870's to be used as a stable by Prince Albert's first lawyer, Mr. Maclise. The building was used as a blockhouse during the Northwest Resistance of 1885 when it was located at 1st Avenue West and 12th Street. The blockhouse was moved to its current position in the Bryant Park (now Kinsmen Park) in 1933. #heritage #Northwest_Rebellion #Prince_Albert #Saskatchewan
Category
Default Title