The largest building in the country, the permanent site of the national assembly, Parliament sits on the Danube embankment with its entrance looking out over Kossuth Square. The neo-Gothic building is the work of architect Imre Steindl, and was constructed between 1884–1904. It has 691 rooms, is 268 m long and its cupola rises 96 m into the air. The staircase is embellished with fine frescoes by Károly Lotz and sculptures by György Kiss. Parliament’s most important work of art, the painting “The Conquest” by Mihály Munkácsy, is in the Munkácsy Room next to the President’s office. Since 2000 the general public has been able to view the Hungarian coronation regalia here: St. Stephen’s Crown, the sceptre, orb and Renaissance sword.
http://www.budapestinfo.hu/en #Budapest #országgyűlés #országház #Parlament #Parliament