Old City Hall

Old City Hall

3D Warehouse Staff
The Old City Hall's design was inspired by the City Hall of Paris and Chateau de Chambord in France's Loire Valley. After a design competition, construction began in 1890 and completed 14 years later. In 1906, the large clock above the Tucker entrance was installed and was later renovated in 2001. Pink granite and pink-orange Roman brick adorn the exterior with sandstore surrounding the window openings. The roof tiles are red clay. During renovations in the middle of the 19th century, Mayor Dickmann wanted to create red, white and blue "City Hall" signs above the entrances, but the City Art Commission refused and instead engraved the stone with the title. Model by Catherine Moats. #1200_Market_Street #1890 #1904 #63103 #brick #clock #French_inspired #granite #Missouri #MO #Old_City_Hall #renovations #sandstone #St_Louis #stone
Default Title