'Berkeley Arms', Cam

'Berkeley Arms', Cam

John
Public House. Opened as the 'Berkeley Arms' in 1891 on the site of a former coaching inn. Building renovated and the two projecting gabled front bays added in 1925. This work gave a unifying facade to the former two adjoining buildings on the High Street elevation. Front door moved to central position and Edwardian-style canopy, pilasters and lyre corbels added. Stone fabric. Stucco facade. Red brick chimneys. Attached at rear to 19th C marlstone and limestone rubble former stable block and cottage both now incorporated into the pub. Stroud Brewery etched windows. A roundel with 'SB' monogram; around the outside 'STROUD BREWERY COMPANY LIMITED'. (Also a West Country plaque). Parallel two-storey slate-roofed block extension at rear, added in 1925 at time of renovation. #building #Cam
Default Title