Historic Railway Station - Utility Building

Historic Railway Station - Utility Building

mooey
Description
Erected in 1915 on the famous Hejaz Railway, the station functioned until 1927. It served as a house for British army officials and later, in 1948, accommodated the HQ of the Egyptian army before being taken over by the IDF. It became an army warehouse, and finally an artists’ workshop. Now the station is abandoned, awaiting restoration. The Hejaz Railway was originally built to transport pilgrims from Damascus to the holy places of Madina in Saudi Arabia. #Hejaz_Railway #Historic_Railway_Stations #Railway_Stations #Train_Stations
Default Title