St Paul, Colton

St Paul, Colton

Geoffrey H.
Before St John’s church was built in 1850 Acaster Selby was in the parish of Stillingfleet, on the opposite bank of the Ouse. Appleton Roebuck was in the parish of Bolton Percy, along with Colton and Steeton, and until 1868 had no church of its own. The centuries-old pattern of parish boundaries changed in 1875 when Acaster Selby joined Appleton Roebuck to become a separate parish, leaving Bolton Percy with Colton and Steeton. St Paul’s church, Colton, was built in 1899 as a chapel of ease (a neighbourhood place of worship to save walking to Bolton Percy) but remained within the parish. Source: ainstyvillages.org.uk/ #British #Christian #Christianity #Church #Colton #England #Europe #G3FX #Great_Britain #North_Yorkshire #Religion #St_Paul #UK #York #Yorkshire
Default Title