Fentress County courthouse

Fentress County courthouse

laytham
Opened in 1908 on the same spot as the previous courthouse, which burned Dec. 8, 1904, the current Fentress County courthouse is the third courthouse to have served the county (the first was built in 1828 and destroyed by fire in the early 1860s). The north and south wings were added in 1973, and mimic the sandstone style of the original structure. (Information taken from History of Fentress County Tennessee, published 1987) #courthouse #Fentress #Jamestown #sandstone
Default Title