Catharinakerk

Catharinakerk

Poul
Description
The Catharina Church is owned by Eindhoven local authority and is used by many different parties, with the parish being the main user. The facade is similar to that of a classical cathedral. The towers are not identical and, in fact, there is a male and a female tower. The Philips Carillon is located in the male tower. The female tower is home to the clock and the bells, of which there are 4 in total. The church was badly damaged during bombardments in 1942 and 1944. After the war the church was restored under the guidance of architect C.H. de Bever. Since 15 August 1972, the neo-Gothic St. Catharina Church has been a listed building, and this applies to both the interior and the exterior. #3dClearEarth #Catharinakerk #Eindhoven #Gemeente_Eindhoven #Kathedraal #Studio_Ode
Category
Default Title