Tip Top Building

Tip Top Building

Creating Hartford
In 1871 the first business to move to what is now the Tip Top building was Smith and Son Bakery. Because the railroad went right through the town of Hartford, Smith thought his business would do much better in the flourishing town. The building received its name Tip Top because of the company that came in after the Smith and Son Co. fell. The Ward Baking Co. was known for its tip top bread, soon becoming the Tip Top building. A short time after 1970 the Ward Baking Co. left White River Junction. In 2002 Matt Bucy purchased the Tip Top building. Bucy embraced the history of the building, and instead of destroying the art he and other business worked with it. Today there are many business in the building. The main attraction to the building is the Tip Top cafe. Like previous food industries in the building, the food served at the Tip Top cafe does not disappoint. Other attractions in the building include the CATV. The CATV is a public television channel encouraging free speech. Also acupuncture, yoga and massage therapy are offered. A photoshop studio and puppetry are also located in the building. #building #creating #hartford #junction #river #tip #top #vermont #white
Default Title