In the years 1922-1923, the main building of the Austrian Travel Agency was built at the karlsplatz, one of the most important urban centres of the city,
on the plans of the architects Heinrich Schmid and Hermann Aichinger.
The facade is facing the Secession and since 2007 the building is owned by the Novomatic Group of Companies.
The historically preserved building was renovated from 2008 to 2009 by architect Adolf Straitz and carefully transformed from an office building into an arts center.
There is also a coffee-restaurant in the Novomativ Forum ("luigi's") and a festival room with a gallery in the first floor, which can be booked for events.
Modelled by Eva Halwachs #adolf_straitz #art #heinrich_schmid #hermann_aichinger #Karlsplatz #novomatic_group_of_companies #secession #travel_agency