Ruinenberg Potsdam

Ruinenberg Potsdam

Hillersleben
Description
In 1748, Frederick the Great had a tank with a capacity of around 7600 m³ built on lands previously used for partridge and pheasant hunts. Master Builder Georg Wenzeslaus von Knobelsdorff and Theater Painter Innocente Bellavite designed blinds of imitation antique ruins. A Monopteros (round temple), three high ionic columns, a small pyramid, and a ruined wall, designed as if from a Roman theatre, were grouped around the pool. #potsdam #sansusi
Default Title