Temple of Concordia

Temple of Concordia

Ultima Ratio
The Temple of Concordia in the ancient city of Rome was a temple dedicated to the Roman goddess Concordia at the western end of the Roman Forum. The temple was vowed in 367 BC by Marcus Furius Camillus but was not actually built until 167 BC.[1] It was destroyed and restored multiple times in its history, and its final restoration, between 7 and 10 AD under the future Roman Emperor Tiberius, is described in Pliny the Elder's Natural History. In approximately AD 1450 the temple was razed and turned into a lime kiln to recover the marble for building. Храм Конкордии(итал. Tempio della Concordia) — храм на римском форуме. Храм возможно построен Марком Фурием Камиллом и был посвящён Конкордии, древнеримской богине согласия, как символ окончания разногласий между патрициями и плебеями в 367 году до н. э. На сегодняшний день от храма сохранилась лишь возвышенная платформа, которая также частично погребена под лестницей, ведущей к Капитолию. #ancient rome #architecture #concordia #forum romanum #temple
Default Title