Originally a dormitory built in 1953 French Hall was renovated and reopened in 1995 and provides office space. Opened in 1995 the French Hall Addition involved the renovation of a former dormitory (French Hall) and the construction of a 45 000 square foot addition. A circular structure with skylights atop the building is aligned with other campus focal points. French Hall is home to the University of Cincinnati Center for Access and Transition (CAT). Designed by Wilson Associates and NBBJ Architects.