The Church of St. Anselm is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 685 Tinton Avenue in the Mott Haven neighborhood of the Bronx in New York City. It was established in 1891 and is staffed by the Order of Augustinian Recollects. Previously it was staffed by the Benedictine Friars.
The present church was built 1918. The designs was credited to Gustave Steinback and his noted ecclesiastical architectural firm by the AIA Guide to NYC (1978) and according to Steinback's own claim to the American Institute of Architects for its registry filings. However, the AIA Guide to NYC (2010) has revised the architect of the design to Anton Kloster. Other guides have also attributed the work to Kloster. It is possible that Kloster worked for Steinback at the time. #bronx #church