The Alumni House is the home of the UWM Alumni Association. The building is an English Tudor mansion located on 3.9 acres on the lake bluff at the end of Kenwood Boulevard, and one block east of the intersection of Lincoln Memorial Drive and Lake Drive.
The building, which was built as a wedding present for Mrs. Myron T. MacLaren, was purchased by the Milwaukee State Teachers College in 1949 for $80,000. It was used as a women's dormitory until July 1964, when it became Kenwood Conference and Alumni Center. The building also housed the Center for Great Lakes Studies (1966 to 1974) and the Office of Continuing Education for Adults (1969 to 1975). Today, Alumni House is the home of the UWMAA and the UWM Foundation.
Modeled with Building Maker