Awre Signal Box, Gloucestershire

Awre Signal Box, Gloucestershire

TRM DA
Awre Signal Box is located at the former station at Awre (for Blakney) in Gloucestershire. The station was opened in 1851 by the South Wales Railway and closed in 1959. The coal depot remained open until 1961. It was located close to the junction for the Forest of Dean Central Railway which served industries in the forest. Trains still pass the signal box on the Gloucester-Newport Line. The signal box is of brick and wood construction. #Awre #Awre_Signal_Box #Blakney #brick #coal_depot #Forest_of_Dean #Forest_of_Dean_Central_Railway #GWR #Railway #South_Wales_Railway #station #TRM_DA #wood
Default Title