Atwater Kent Laboratories

Atwater Kent Laboratories

Scalziand
Description
Following its completion in 1907, Atwater Kent Laboratories was the first academic building in the United States totally devoted to electrical engineering. Students studied the concepts of electrical engineering from large electrical equipment and power panel that ran the length of the floor. Teaching focused on the electric railway and the WPI test trolley. After World War II, Atwater Kent Laboratories received its first significant renovation. Smaller and more efficient equipment was now replacing the antiquated electrical devices. Smaller laboratories were also constructed. Renovations in 1961 and 1981 have brought Atwater Kent Laboratories to its appearance today. The building features a 200-seat lecture hall named after longtime WPI professor Hobart Newell, a cryptography and information security laboratory, an ultrasound research laboratory, an intelligent machines laboratory, image processing facilities, wireless information network labs, as well as several other significant laboratories. #electrical_engineering #WPI
Default Title