Lowenstein building

Lowenstein building

Danstan
Description
The Lowenstein Building, a late 19th Century department store, was named by the original owner and constructor, B. Lowenstein and Brothers. The building’s approximately 80,000 square feet have been completely re-developed, including a spectacular ground floor office space with apartments above all according to National Park Service Historic standards. The Lowenstein has a timber and cast iron superstructure, with brick, limestone and cast iron façades. Constructed with old world craftsmanship dating back to 1886, the distinctive Terra Cotta decorative features accentuate the building’s baroque exterior. The Lowenstein facades have been carefully restored to near original, high-quality detail. The windows have been replaced with replicas or, in cases where operable windows were desired, slight modifications were added to the existing frames and patterns of mullions #lowenstein_building_memphis
Default Title