The Lorraine Building is listed on both the National Register of Historic Properties as well as the Spokane Register of Historic Properties. It was originally built in 1909 as a single room occupancy hotel. As the closest hotel to the Northern Pacific Passenger Depot, the Lorraine provided lodging for many visitors and workers newly arriving in Spokane. In 1943, the Lorraine become known as the Denver Apartments and was operated continuously until 1971 when the upper floors were vacated. It's name then changed to the Watson Building and it was remodeled into an office building. In 2002, it was remodeled once again, and it's named was restored to the Lorraine Building. It contains a total of 22 offices on the second and third floor, with two retail spaces and a reception area on the main floor. The building is distinctively detailed, and is known as a good example of a well designed small commercial building.